MSIF is pleased to offer International Research Meeting Grants to help support the costs of the organisation of meetings focused on MS research (NB: This grant is not intended to support attendance of individuals at meetings).The criteria for applying for this grant, are that the meeting should be an international venture involving participants from several countries with the aim of developing collaborative research projects. It is expected that the meeting participants will review the current state of the field of research and plan further collaborative studies.
MSIF International Research Meeting Grants are offered throughout the year and applications can be received at any time. Decisions are announced within 6 weeks of application.
- MSIF offers the International Meeting Grants to individuals groups and organisations to support the costs of organising international meetings on MS-related research.
- The funds are intended to contribute towards the costs of organisation, administration and hosting of meetings as well as participation and attendance at these meetings.
- The aim is to encourage communication of MS research between countries and to promote new collaborative international research projects.
- Each grant is likely to be of the order of £5,000.
- MSIF aims to provide several International Meeting Grants per calendar year.
- Individual researchers and groups, organisations or institutes directly involved in MS research, with an established reputation in the field are eligible to apply.
- Meetings must be specifically related to MS
- Meetings must be international and collaborative initiatives i.e. they must involve the communication and/or sharing of data, expertise or good practice from specialists in several countries with the purpose of setting up further studies, not adequately undertaken by a single group or Unit.
Applicants should submit the following documents by email to MSIF’s Head of International Medical & Scientific Research,
- A signed letter from the applicant/institution detailing their reasons for applying
- Provisional agenda/programme and list of speakers, as evidence of international nature of meeting
- Outline of projected collaborative projects expected to result from the meeting
- Estimated number of participants
- Summary of research meetings on the topic and key developments in the field over the last 5 years
- Budget of estimated costs and list of other sources of financial support expected
- Proposed venue and dates of meeting
MSIF International Research Meeting Grant application form must be completed for each application and enclosed with the above documents.
The members of the International Medical and Scientific Board's (IMSB) International Research Meeting Work Group consider and select successful candidates/institutions.
Successful applicants will be notified within 6 weeks of application.
Evidence of Results
Once the International Research Meeting Grant has been awarded and the meeting has taken place, a short meeting report and expenditure summary will be required for submission to the Work Group.
Electronic copies of abstracts of the lectures and posters presented at the meeting should also be submitted.
Meeting organisers should acknowledge the MSIF International Research Meeting Grant and if possible should also reference MSIF’s website, www.msif.org, on relevant material published as a result of the meeting.
Applications should be submitted to MSIF’s Head of International Medical & Scientific Research,