The Alliance recently initiated the first global Request for Applications (RFA) in progressive MS. During the application process, researchers from around the world took part in conference calls and received a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document.
Listen to an international conference call
Download the FAQs
The response to the RFA, which required final applications by 31 January 2014, exceeded expectations. This early momentum shows the significant global interest in and commitment to finding solutions in progressive MS, and represents a crucial step in driving rapid progress.
The Alliance is now reviewing the applications through a peer-review process, which will identify awardees in two categories:
1) Challenge Awards – To encourage and nurture scientific innovation in the following focus areas:
· Phenotype/Genotype and pathophysiological mechanisms of progressive MS
· Development of new and existing pre-clinical models for progressive disease
· Discovery and validation of proof of concept biomarkers
· Innovative designs for proof of concept trials of therapeutic agents or strategies.
2) Infrastructure Awards – To promote and enhance data sharing and knowledge management and encourage collaboration among researchers by developing enabling technologies and infrastructure for data sharing to support one or more priority areas.
Awards will be announced no later than August 2014.