There are many benefits of becoming a full member of the MS International Federation:
Opportunities to strengthen your organisation’s profile and capacity
- strengthen the profile of your MS organisation at national, regional and global levels
- host an MS International Federation council meeting, bringing awareness of your organisation’s work and achievements to the attention of your national media and decision-makers
- participate, where appropriate, in mutually beneficial MS International Federation capacity-building programmes
- participate in MS International Federation’s international fundraising strategy which provides tools and best practice to organisations to build their fundraising capacity for both their own projects and programmes and to raise money for support international initiatives.
- be featured on our website, demonstrating your commitment to international collaboration, and have some of your activities and achievements highlighted in our communications.
- network with other member and supporting organisations, obtaining support and advice from colleagues and organisations in the global MS movement via MS International Federation’s CEO advisory group
- interact with and obtain support, guidance and advice from international networks of MS professionals, groups or organisations in the global MS movement
Opportunities to participate in and influence the MS International Federation’s priorities, processes and activities
- contribute to the policies, guidelines and priorities of MS International Federation through attending our council, board and committee meetings and feeding back via online consultations
- have the right to vote in MS International Federation council meetings
- have a seat on MS International Federation’s CEO advisory group
- participate in and influence the development of global projects and programmes such as the Global Fundraising Strategy
- nominate a national contact person with MS (to attend the People with MS advisory committee, ensuring that people with and affected by MS remain at the forefront of the MS International Federation’s work
- take part in MS International Federation’s global surveys so that the voices of people with MS in your country are counted, and have access to the full results
- guide the development of the MS International Federation’s involvement in and support for international research projects through membership of our International medical and scientific board, on which full members have two seats, and through consultation with your research staff.
Advanced access to (and influence the creation of) useful materials and information
- receive advance warning of and preparatory materials (toolkits) for global awareness-raising and advocacy activities such as World MS Day
- be eligible to nominate people for MS International Federation’s international awards
- further raise awareness of the lives of people affected by MS in your country through nominating for Evelyn Nicholson and James D Wolfensohn Awards
- gain access to the members’ area on our website where you can share your materials; adapt and translate materials from the MS International Federation and other member organisations; join forums and discussion groups to meet staff from other member organisations; share your challenges and experiences; find solutions together or share and celebrate your successes.
- receive and contribute to the MS connections e-newsletter, keeping your organisation up-to-date with the work of the membership