Job type: Full time/Part time (4 days a week), 6-month fixed term contract, flexible working hours
Salary: £30,000 pro rata
Location: London, SE1 / home-based working
Application deadline: 09.00 (BST), Monday 24 August 2020
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 31 August 2020
Start date: Applicants must be available to start the week beginning Monday 14 September 2020
About the role
In response to the COVID-19 global pandemic, MSIF has secured funds to support its member organisations around the world to mitigate and respond to the impacts of COVID-19 and prepare for new ways of working in the post COVID-19 world.
The MSIF COVID-19 Response Initiative will award grants to member organisations to support their work in 2020 and 2021, helping to ensure that people with and affected by MS continue to have access to independent information, care and support during this time.
MSIF is looking for an experienced, self-motivated Grants Officer with excellent communication and organisational skills to support the launch and administration, as well as input into the development, of this one-off initiative.
As the day-to-day point of contact between MSIF and its members, you will be a confident and versatile communicator who is able to build and maintain effective relationships with member staff and volunteers from around the world.
You will have excellent IT and numerical literacy skills and be comfortable working with complex budgets. With an eye for detail you will be able to analyse and evaluate application information and use your judgement to question and give feedback where needed.
How to apply
- Application deadline: 09.00 (BST), Monday 24 August 2020
- Interviews will take place during the week beginning Monday 31 August 2020 (please note that due to COVID-19, all interviews for this position will be carried out online unless otherwise advised)
- Applicants must be available to start work the week beginning Monday 14 September 2020
- To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter (no longer than 500 words) explaining why you want the role and how you meet the Person Specification to email@example.com, stating ‘Grants Officer’ in the subject line.
- Groups/teams of consultants wishing to apply should email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
- Please also include two professional references. References will only be contacted if an offer has been made.
- We can only give feedback to candidates who are shortlisted
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom (UK) and provide information regarding the basis of their right to work in the UK with their application
- MSIF places great value on human diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and particularly welcome applicants with personal experience of living with MS. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us at email@example.com
- Recruitment agencies need not apply