We are now taking inerets for Cykelnerven 2019!
Cykelnerven is only for the toughest riders. No first time cyclists, no wicker baskets, no surrender!
Cykelnerven is Danish for the nerve to ride. It is a unique and customized cycling experience where you will be racing the famous Tour de France mountains just a few weeks before the professionals.
You will ride 355km with your peloton, over the toughest mountain climbs of this year’s Tour de France. Everything else will be taken care of, you just need to push yourself to your cycling limits. And every turn of the crank will bring us a step closer to a world without MS and you a step closer to greatness.
The event is organised by the Danish MS Society and working with the MS International Federation, we have now opened the event for international riders.
Where: France. Meeting in Toulouse before travelling to the Pyrenees.
We will get you over the line with one of the best support packages around.
In the build-up you will get:
- Personal training advice and support
- An amazing fundraising pack full of great ideas
- Fundraising resources to help you reach your target
- Regular emails and calls to keep you motivated
During the event you will:
- Meet up in Toulouse airport on the 13th June before 11 am
- Receive a full brief
- Receive a Cykelnerven jersey to wear with pride during the ride
- Be provided with breakfast and dinner at the hotels in France – you will have to provide yourself with supplies at departure and on the journey home
- Be provided with lunch / sandwiches (on the go) during all the stages
- Have all your hotel accommodation arranged (in shared double, or occasionally triple, rooms)
- Support and guidance from cycling coaches
- Support and service in France
- Transfer from and to the airport
After the event you will get:
- The respect of your peers*
- Several marriage proposals from admirers*
- A lifetime of memories
- A sweaty Cykelnerven jersey to remind you of what you achieved
* Not guaranteed by Cykelnerven. They may be put off by the sweaty jersey.
Applying for a place (accepting interest only at this stage)
For more information regarding how to gain a place in this unique event, please contact Daniel Magson on Daniel@msif.org
Registration fee: €1,000 (this may change when registration opens)
You will pay a €250 deposit upon entry and the rest payable 1 month before the event.
Sponsorship minimum: €1,500 (this may change when registration opens)
Extra: You will need to pay for your return flight to Toulouse and the transport of your bike.