World MS Day 2009
Last updated: 10th November 2016
The first World MS Day took place on Wednesday 27 May 2009. The theme was ‘Join the global movement. End MS!’
Its aims were to:
- Raise awareness of MS, national MS societies and the global MS movement
- Unite, broaden and mobilise the global MS movement
- Generate funds to support the global MS movement.
- There were more than 200 events and activities in at least 67 countries.
- Media coverage included TV coverage in 27 countries and radio coverage in 14 countries.
- 14,339 people signed up to the World MS Day page on Facebook and 369 people became World MS Day Twitter followers.
- The global campaign film, featuring U2’s song Beautiful Day, was a big success.