The MS International Federation is a unique global network of MS organisations, people affected by MS, volunteers and staff from around the world. Our movement is made up of 49 MS organisations with links to many others.
Our vision is a world without MS
Our mission is to inspire, mobilise and bring the world together to improve the quality of life of everybody affected by MS and to end MS forever
Why does it matter?
Our Atlas of MS shows that around 2.3 million people worldwide are living with MS. Many of these people have little access to support.
For people with MS and their families, support and information are vital, as is the knowledge that scientists around the world are collaborating to develop better treatments for MS and eventually stop MS. We are helping to make this happen around the world – both directly and through our member organisations.
What do we do?
We bring together the work of MS organisations to help people affected by MS around the world. We strengthen those organisations in countries where there is little support for people with MS. We campaign for increased awareness of the disease, provide information to our members, and support international research into better treatments and ways to manage the disease.
In 2017, the 50th anniversary of the MSIF movement, we launched a new five year strategy. Within this new strategy, we are working towards five strategic aims:
- Better scientific understanding leading to new ways to treat, prevent and stop MS
- Improved access to effective treatments and health care
- Access to accurate and trustworthy information and resources to make informed decisions to live well with MS
- Positive changes in policies and practices. attitudes and behaviours that are obstacles to living well with MS
- A stronger, broader MSIF movement made up of effective MS organisations, engaged individuals and strategic international collaborations
- People affected by MS are at the heart of everything that we do
- We know international collaboration changes lives
- We test, learn and adapt to continuously improve our impact