World MS Day 2011
The theme of World MS Day 2011 was 'Work and MS', a continuation of the 2010 theme of ‘Employment’.
Last updated: 10th November 2016
The MS International Federation aimed to support MS organisations in raising awareness among and promoting positive change by employers and government decision makers.
- World MS day activities took place in 73 countries
- ‘Work in Progress’, three animated videos on the problems faced by people with MS at work, had been viewed 20,336 times by the end of July 2011
- The MS International Federation sent MS organisations a toolkit containing the booklet Work and MS – A guide for employers and employees, the leaflet What is MS?, and template letters for employers and policy makers
- The MS International Federation also produced a book, Making Change Happen: A guide to advocacy, published in English and Arabic
- The World MS Day website received 59,000 visitors from 124 countries between February and May 2011
- By the end of May 2011, the campaign had accumulated 49,593 likes on Facebook (up from 31,786 in 2010) and 1,066 Twitter followers, up from 624 in 2010
Watch a Work In Progress video