We are looking for an organised, confident, Arabic-speaking individual with experience in events planning to support us in preparing for key capacity building events in the Arab region in November and December 2018.
Our capacity building team has been working with the Arab region since 2008 with the aim of strengthening the capacity of new, emerging and existing multiple sclerosis (MS) organisations in the region so they are better able to meet the needs of people affected by MS. The organisations with which we work in the region are mostly run by volunteers who are often people with or affected by MS.
MSIF brings the region together through regular workshops, during which training is carried out and best practice and experience is shared. These workshops enable representatives from the organisations to build their skills in key areas of organisational need, to network and input into current and future regional activities.
In 2018 the MSIF Regional Workshop will take place on 2 December in Dubai, UAE. The Workshop will be preceded by a joint MSIF Symposium with the Middle East and North Africa Committee for Treatment and Research in MS (MENACTRIMS) as part of their 2018 Congress, also being held in Dubai, UAE from 30 November – 1 December. It is anticipated that delegates from some 23 MS organisations working in 13 Arab countries, as well as health professionals, will attend the events.
We are not only looking for someone to assist with the events’ logistics but offer the successful applicant the opportunity to input into the content, attend the events with us and contribute to the evaluation and reporting processes.
How to apply
- Deadline: 9am (BST) on Monday 20 August 2018
- Interviews will take place on Thursday 23 and Friday 24 August 2018
- Applicants must be available to start work the week beginning Monday 10 September 2018
- Send your CV and a covering letter (no longer than 500 words) explaining why you want the role and how you meet the following criteria to email@example.com, stating ‘Capacity Building Support Officer – Arab region’ in the subject line
- Please also include details of two references. References will only be contacted if an offer has been made
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and provide information regarding the basis of their right to work in the United Kingdom with their application.
- We will only give feedback to candidates who are shortlisted