Job type: Part-time (3 days/21 hours a week) one year fixed contract (with possibility to extension)
Salary: £28,000 pro rata
Location: Skyline House, 200 Union Street, London SE1 0LX. MSIF staff are currently home-based. We are open to the role being partly home-based as and when staff return to the office
Hours: Part-time (3 days/21 hours a week) one year fixed contract (with possibility to extension)
Deadline for applications: 09.00 (GMT), Monday 18 January 2021
Interviews: Week of 1 February 2021. Please note that due to COVID-19, all interviews for this position will be carried out online unless otherwise advised
Relationships: Reports to the Capacity Building Manager, closely working with other capacity building team members, the finance, fundraising, communication and advocacy, and research and access teams
About the role
Contribute to the development and implementation of MSIF’s regional strategies, running and supporting the logistics of activities within the regional, project-based and/or country-wide capacity building programmes.
MSIF engages at both the regional and country level to strengthen the skills, knowledge and capacity of MS organisations and groups in the Arab region, Latin America and India to facilitate increased regional and intra-country work and increase the regions’ contribution to and participation in the global MSIF movement.
The post holder will mainly support MSIF’s work in the Arab region with the opportunity to be involved in our work in Asia.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com
How to apply
If this sounds like the role for you, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A copy of your CV
- A covering letter of no more than 500 words, addressing how your skills and experience meet the person specification
- In your covering letter, please state clearly if you have the right to work in the UK. Due to the nature of this role and the current immigration context in the UK we will not be able to support an employment visa, sponsorship or relocation for this position
- In your covering letter, please tell us how you heard about the role.
- Please also include two professional references. References will only be contacted if an offer has been made
- In your email, please write ‘Capacity Building Officer’ in the subject line
The deadline for applications is 09.00 (GMT), Monday 18 January 2021.
MSIF places great value on human diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and particularly welcome applicants with personal experience of living with MS. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us at email@example.com.