MS Brain Health Awards 2022 go live!
Find out more about your chance to enter the first ever MS Brain Health Awards
Last updated: 4th February 2022
What’s on this page?
To celebrate the work of healthcare professionals, MS organisations and individuals in addressing the importance of brain health in MS and timely management, MS Brain Health is launching an annual series of awards to illustrate the global impact of lifelong brain health and showcase the ongoing progress in this area.
The first MS Brain Health awards ceremony will take place virtually on Thursday 26 May 2022. Details on all award winners and finalists will be shared on the MS Brain Health website, newsletter and social media channels as part of World MS Day 2022.
Brain health: Time matters in MS
The MS Brain Health Initiative highlights the need to maximize lifelong brain health. The report, Brain health: time matters in multiple sclerosis, presents policy recommendations that aim to minimise disease activity and maximise lifelong brain health for those with MS. It was been developed by an international multidisciplinary group of experts.
Since 2015, MS Brain Health recommendations for timely management of MS have been widely disseminated and have gained global support among healthcare professionals and MS organisations, with endorsement from MSIF. They have encouraged MS clinics and centres to work towards specific goals set by international experts.
Who can enter?
MS Brain Health are launching awards in five categories:
- Patient organisation
- Entries for this category can include any patient group or organization that has actively encouraged the adoption of methods to maximize the lifelong brain health of people with MS.
- Patient advocate
- Entries for this category can be from individual patient advocates and/or people with MS, or nominations by other individuals on behalf of a patient advocate and/or person with MS).
- Entries for this category can include any MS clinic or healthcare team that has actively encouraged the adoption of methods to maximize the lifelong brain health of people with MS.
- Individual (healthcare professionals)
- Entries for this category can be from individual healthcare professionals (neurologists, nurses, allied healthcare professionals) or nominations by other individuals on behalf of a healthcare professional.
- Entries for this category can be from individuals (healthcare professionals, pharmaceutical industry representatives or patient advocates), teams, clinics or organizations.
Entries should be submitted no later than 30 March 2022 and all finalists will be selected and notified by 29 April 2022.
The awards are open to submissions globally. All entries must be submitted as a written document and short video in the English language. If you would like to nominate an individual for the Patient Advocate Award or Individual Award, please submit a 200-word summary (in English) outlining the reason for your nomination. All entries will be anonymized for judging.
To find our more about applying and see the entry specifications, download the full awards brochure here and visit the website.