Intimacy and Sexuality
About the resource
Sexuality and intimate relationships are a significant part of life and well-being. For most people, sexuality and its expression are a natural and important component of self-concept, emotional well-being, and overall quality of life.
While MS may alter functioning, the desire for a sexual identity, love, affection and intimacy remains. Given this, sexuality may be a source of significant frustration for many people with MS. This issue of MS in focus presents a discussion of intimacy and sexuality.
- Introduction to Intimacy and Sexuality in MS
- Sexual dysfunction in women with MS
- Sexual dysfunction in men with MS
- Secondary causes of sexual problems
- Tertiary causes of sexual problems
- Your questions answered
- Interview with Rolande Cutner
- MS Society of Norway: Support group for lesbians and gay men with multiple sclerosis
- Results of the online survey
- Quality of Life Principles
Download the resource
Not found the language you were looking for?
Help us translate it into other languages
We're always looking for member organisations to repurpose and translate MSIF's resources into other languages. Not a member? If we don't have a member that speaks your language and you would like to translate our resources, we'd love to hear from you to discuss options and explore what's possible!Get in touch
Translate it for personal use
Alternatively, if you wanted to translate the PDF for personal use, you can use Google’s Translate tool. As Google Translate is an automated translation service, you should not rely on it being absolutely accurate.Read this PDF in another language, using Google Translate
If you have any questions or feedback on our resource, please contact us on our website.Contact us