The 2018 World MS Day campaign – Bringing Us Closer – is now in full swing and there are plenty of ways for people all over the world to get involved.
World MS Day is officially marked on 30 May each year. Events and campaigns take place throughout the month of May to bring the global MS community together, raise awareness of MS and campaign with and for everyone affected by MS.
The 2018 campaign is called #bringinguscloser and the theme is research.
The #bringinguscloser campaign is about connecting people affected by MS with those involved in MS research, including scientists, students, nurses, fundraisers, volunteers and more. It’s a chance to come together to celebrate what we’ve achieved in MS research so far, and share our hopes for the future.
There are many ways to take part, whether you choose to use the research theme, the #bringinguscloser message, or simply hold a local event to bring your community together. Here are some ideas:
- Use the World MS Day map to find events near you and add your own
- Gather and share written or video research profiles of people involved in MS research
- Watch and share the animation about how new MS treatments are developed
- Share the posters and images celebrating achievements in MS research
- Use the #bringinguscloser hashtag in your World MS Day social media posts
- Download materials from the toolkit to adapt and share with your community
- Invite someone involved in research to your World MS Day event