Terms and Conditions
The MS International Federation is committed to protecting the privacy of the users of its website
Last updated: 1st February 2022
MSIF websites terms & data protection
Last updated: 27 January 2022
The MS International Federation holds the copyright to the content of its websites except where otherwise indicated. Images on these sites are published by kind permission of individuals, our member organisations, or the European Multiple Sclerosis Platform. Some of these permissions prior to May 2018 are verbal. From May 2018 written consent will have been attained for all newly acquired photos. They may not be reused without the explicit consent of the individuals or organisations that own the copyright. To seek permission to reproduce or translate the content of this site, or to request removal of a photo please contact us.
For the avoidance of doubt, you have our permission to download material where indicated on our websites. For permission to reproduce material please contact The MS International Federation head office.
Content posted by you – Any content that you post to our websites and/or social media channels (e.g. photos and videos) is your responsibility, and you must make sure that you have the necessary rights to post that content (e.g. by obtaining permission of copyright owners if necessary).
Keeping our website and social media channels safe – We need your help to keep our websites and social media safe. Therefore, you must adhere to the following: a. You must not collect users’ content using automated means b. You must not upload viruses or other malicious code c. You must not bully, intimidate or harass anyone d. You must not post any content that infringes or violates someone else’s rights, or otherwise violates the law, or that is hateful, threatening, pornographic or violent.
By posting any content, you give the MS International Federation a non-exclusive, royalty-free worldwide right to use and reproduce that content across all of MS International Federations websites and social media.
Any private messages sent to the MS International Federation via social media (e.g. Facebook Messenger) will be deleted once the enquiry has been dealt with.
Third party websites
MS International Federation websites may include links to other relevant websites. The MS International Federation is not responsible for the content or conduct of any third party sites it links to. The MS International Federation is not responsible for such third parties and you use those websites or resources at your own risk. The MS International Federation is only responsible for its own websites: www.msif.org, www.worldmsday.org, www.progressivemsalliance.org, https://actonms.msif.org/ , www.cykelnerveninternational.org, www.againstms.org and www.kissgoodbyetomsglobal.org
Links to this site
The MS International Federation encourages people and organisations dedicated to tackling MS to link to these websites. You do not need to ask our permission to do so.
COVID-19 : publishing images, videos and information about in-person events
Within the COVID-19 context, the safety and wellbeing of staff, volunteers, consultants and all people affected by MS is the most important consideration for the MS International Federation. We support measures outlined by our COVID-19 advice for people affected by MS, which can be found here: www.msif.org/covid19
Before we publish photos, videos or other information about in-person activities, we will ask the host organisation or individual to confirm that the activities were carried out safely and in accordance with national governments’ restrictions, as a minimum.
These websites are not intended to give advice on medical diagnosis or treatment. The information should not be relied on to suggest a course of treatment for a particular individual, and it should not be used in place of a visit, call, consultation or the advice or a physician or other qualified healthcare provider. You should contact or see your physician or other qualified healthcare provider promptly if you have any questions or before embarking on a new treatment, diet, or fitness program etc.
You should never disregard or delay seeking medical advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read, heard or seen on these websites.
Although the MS International Federation has made every effort to provide high quality information, the MS International Federation disclaims any implied guarantee about the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or relevance of any information.
We take great care with our websites to ensure they are free of any offensive or damaging material. However, you use these sites at your own risk and The MS International Federation will not be liable for any costs or losses you incur through your use of our websites.
Events promoted online (on an MSIF site or third party site) in aid of the MS International Federation – Please be aware that organising and running the event is your responsibility. You will be responsible for taking care of all permits, permissions or other similar issues arising from the event that you organise and The MS International Federation will not have any liability in relation to any injury, damage or loss at an event, unless The MS International Federation has issued Public Liability Insurance to you.
Donations and fundraising
Donations on MS International Federation websites (except for the Progressive MS Alliance website) are managed by the MS International Federation and its payment gateway providers. These terms relate to all donations managed by the MS International Federation. Those on the Progressive MS Alliance website have separate terms below.
Finance and personal data for donations – The MS International Federation and its payment gateway are legally obligated to retain essential data relating to your donation for at least seven years. The MS International Federation does not retain payment card details. The MS International Federation abides by the laws of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland in relation to data retention and protection for financial transactions.
Donations will be used as described on the fundraising page, in line with MS International Federation policies.
Refunds Policy for Donations – The MS International Federation is happy to refund your donation if you have made it in error. You have 48 hours to request a refund. If you wish to request a refund then please contact us using the contact details on the relevant website.
The MS International Federation will only contact donors who explicitly consent.
Removing or deleting offensive material/comments
The MS International Federation’s rights may remove any content posted by you, or prevent access by you to our websites if you do not comply with these Terms. Any failure by the MS International Federation to enforce its rights under these terms if you do not comply is not a waiver and we remain entitled to enforce our rights in relation to that or any other non-compliance by you.
The MS International Federation entity and relevant law governing these terms form an agreement between you and The MS International Federation, subject to the laws of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Terms specific to Cykelnerven International
The following terms and conditions have been written to ensure that the MS International Federation can support its fundraisers in the best possible way, whilst raising as much as possible to fund its work. If you have any questions about them, please don’t hesitate to call us on +44 (0)20 7620 1911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- As an event participant fundraising in aid of the MS International Federation, you agree to the following:
- Securing your place: Once you have completed this registration and paid your entry fee, you have secured a place in your event. The MS International Federation reserves the right to revoke places in exceptional circumstances.
- Entry fees: These help to cover MS International Federation’s costs and are therefore non-refundable.
- Fundraising: Raise at least the minimum fundraising target for your event by the fundraising deadline; this is 6 weeks after Cykelnerven. The minimum fundraising target can be found on the relevant event registration page.
- Fundraising: Only to use lawful means to fundraise for the MS International Federation and not to bring the charity’s name or other brands into disrepute.
- Images and audio: Any images, video, audio or quotes taken on the event day or at any other occasion relating to your event, may be used by the MS International Federation to promote future events. If you do not wish your photos, video, audio or quotes to be used you must inform the MS International Federation in writing at: email@example.com
- Injury: You must ensure that you are medically fit to participate in your chosen event. You take part in your chosen event at your own risk, the MS International Federation will not be held responsible for injury or illness resulting from participation in an event.
- Gift Aid: Please encourage your sponsors to Gift Aid their donations where possible. This increases the value of their donation at no extra cost to them.
- Injury: If you are injured in advance of the event and unable to take part, please let the MS International Federation know as soon as possible. Please bear in mind that if you tell us you’re dropping out after the registration deadline, we will be unable to offer your place to another applicant.
- Deferrals: If you inform us that you need to withdraw from a race before the registration deadline and wish to defer your place to a future event you can roll your event place over to another event occurring within the next year, up to and including the event you originally applied for, subject to availability.
- As a Cykelnerven participant fundraising in aid of the MS International Federation, you can expect the following from us:
- Our support, guidance and
- If requested, provide a letter of support to be used to validate the authenticity of the event and its
- Acknowledge any direct contributions to MSIF as a result of your
- Provide expert knowledge and support around the event you are participating in or
- Help you create a personal web page about your event on our fundraising platform or our website. This web page will not only help you promote your event, but also allow people to make contributions that will be automatically credited to your
- Promote the event on the MSIF and social media pages, where
- Provide existing Cykelnerven marketing materials, brochures, and information (where available).
- Provide each participant with two Cykelnerven branded jerseys, two pairs of Cykelnerven cycling shorts, one Cykelnerven wind protector.
- Provide acknowledgement of the event on our Cykelnerven International website.
- You may choose to organise your own fundraising events to achieve your target for Cykelnerven. As event organisers, you agree to the following:
- If an individual or group organises or takes part in a third party event to raise funds for MSIF it is important to be clear that it is ‘in aid of’, not ‘organised by’ MSIF.
- The organiser (individual or group) is responsible for having its own insurance and for entering into all contracts. MSIF is not responsible for these events legally or
- It is important to fully assess the fit between the activity proposed and MSIF. Please be respectful of people affected by
- If you are planning an event or wish to take part in an event for MSIF, you should always con-tact a member of our team first. This is to ensure it is an event we can support, it also helps form a plan on how to support you to make sure the event is successful. Contact the team on +44 (0) 20 7620 1911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- MSIF cannot provide funding, pay for or reimburse any expenses incurred as a result of a third party event. This means that the event organiser or participant (whichever is appropriate) must pay all expenses
- All contracts and permits related to the event must be issued in the name of the organiser and signed by an authorised representative of the organiser. Contracts or permits must not commit MSIF (or its affiliates) to any contractual obligations and the organiser or participant may not sign anything on behalf of MSIF. The same applies to liability and insurance.
- If you have chosen to sell items, auction items or donate proceeds of sales to MSIF, you also agree to the following:
- You must state clearly on the area of sales the amount that will be donated and that it will be donated to the MS International MSIF cannot promote any items not listed this way.
- MSIF can provide you with support and guidance, therefore you should speak to a member of the fundraising team before going ahead with any sales or auctions.
- Once you have begun your sales, you must keep your contact at MSIF up to date with the amount raised for the
- You should aim to transfer the money as soon as it is in your account, at regular intervals or on an agreed date with the charity. Transfer of money and payment methods must be agreed with the MSIF fundraising team before sales.
- You must keep a record of sales and make this available to MSIF if This will enable us to audit our own accounts.
Terms specific to the Progressive MS Alliance
This website is managed by Multiple Sclerosis International Federation on behalf of the Progressive MS Alliance.
MSIF is committed to protecting the privacy of the users of the Progressive MS Alliance website.
MSIF collects no personal information about these users except where they specifically and knowingly provide it.
If you subscribe to the Progressive MS Alliance e-newsletter, MSIF will retain your email address so that we can send you the newsletter.
You may unsubscribe from the e-newsletter at any time.
MSIF may in the future transfer your email address to one or more members of the Progressive MS Alliance (including members outside the European Economic Area).
MSIF will not share your email address with any other individuals or organisations.
If you submit a query or contact us via the website, MSIF will use the information you supply only to respond to your enquiry.
You may amend or request access to the personal data MSIF holds on you by:
- Emailing email@example.com
- Calling +44 (0)20 7620 1911
- Writing to Multiple Sclerosis International Federation, Skyline House, 200 Union Street, London SE1 0LX
Donations through the Progressive MS Alliance website
Donations made through the Progressive MS Alliance website will be made to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society (USA). The National Multiple Sclerosis Society (USA) is responsible for all donations, data protection and security. The MS International Federation has no responsibility for any donations made through the Progressive MS Alliance website. For information on the terms relating to donations to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society (USA) please contact them via the contact section of their website.
Terms specific to Kiss Goodbye to MS Global
Refunds Policy for Merchandise
The refunds page is the responsibility of Kiss Goodbye to MS/MS Research Australia. Kiss Goodbye to MS Global does not have any responsibility for transactions, returns or refunds. Please check their terms and conditions regarding refunds.